Emerging Markets Employee Relations Investigation Manager - #11125
The HR Investigations Manager's responsibility is to lead a team of HR professionals who conduct investigations of HR-related concerns escalated to the Employee Relations & HR Policy team from all sources, and other related Employee Relations work across a specific geographic cluster, as well as supporting region wide investigations as needed.
- Oversight of investigations of highly complex employee matters, including Ethics, executive and other escalations and complaints/formal grievances within the cluster in order to thoroughly fact find, resolve the issue(s), and to mitigate risk to the franchise within prescribed timeframes.
- Conduct and lead independent investigations within the cluster and outside of the cluster as and when required.
- Adhere to and ensure the team adheres to the established, and evolving, standards for detailed, auditable and required documentation related to employee relations matters.
- Provide consultation, guidance, and coaching to Human Resources and business partners on the appropriate handling and resolution of employee relations matters where ER is not investigating the particular matter(s) or where the responsibility has been delegated to another apprioraite parter (e.g. local HR or external)
- Facilitate any regional disciplinary committees required by the Global Disciplinary Review Policy, ensure local disciplinary committees within the cluster are conducted in accordance with local legislation and escalate any discipline cases requiring a global disciplinary committee
- Conduct any statutory appeals process where required
- Oversight of anti-retaliation query positive result reviews
- Ensure collaborative participation in the year end accountability framework review process, providing the relevant updates on ongoing investigations to the relevant stakeholders
- Transformational change agent, including identifying and providing solutions for enhancements and efficiencies in the ER investigative process.
- Foster strong work relationships and collaboration with key investigative partners (Employment Legal, Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) Citi Security & Investigative Services (CSIS))
- Track and analyze ER issue trends, diagnose root causes, and develop recommendations for corrective strategies.
- Exceptional report writing and the ability to deliver clear and concise investigative summaries in accordance with applicable requirements.
- Critical thinking to review and credibly challenge investigation findings.
- Conduct investigations in others regions when needed.
- Ability to build solid relationships at all levels and influence collaborative outcomes.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and across all functional areas, particularly senior levels (including business/function heads).
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated partnership development and management.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Consistent demonstration of ownership and accountability (driven to “do the right thing”).
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented, intense environment.
- Fluent in English (writing and speaking) - Bi-lingual skills preferred
- 10 years+ Employee Relations or Employment Law experience or equivalent.
- Extensive investigation experience, as well as, experience working globally.
- Knowledge of employment policies, practices and employment law and regulations.
- Prior experience working across multiple jurisdictions
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills: feedback, coaching and guidance of others.
We are open to applications outside of the primary location
Job Family Group:Human Resources
Job Family:Employee Relations
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting