Internship- Inventory Management & Material Planning - #98109
GE Gas Power
City: Dubai, Dubai
Contract type: Full time
Job Description SummaryThe GE Part-time Internship Program is an investment in young talents where GE trains students who meet the required criteria to perform their internship program in a repair manufacturing function. Program duration 12 weeks. The program will develop the general skills of the intern with on the job knowledge and experience
During the program GE will provide assignments, projects & tasks that is related to his/her major where he/ she can develop Leadership Capabilities, communication skills and introduce him/her to the work environment
We are looking for an Inventory Management & Material Planning Intern in our JASC, reporting to the Inventory & Project Managers.In this role, he/she is responsible to drive continuous improvement and Lean activities for the factory, in partnership with the Production Managers, and their teams, leading production process simplification and transformation projects and initiatives
- Consistent application of Lean strategies, tools and principles to drive continuous improvement in the JA Factory.
- Implement 5S across the facility.
- Interface with production, purchasing and suppliers to schedule the receipt of material to meet production demand.
- Look for opportunities to move slow-moving and obsolete inventory out.
- Assure that the shop has the necessary materials delivered on time.
- Establish WIP storage locations, pull & Kanban systems across the production floor.
- Undergraduates’ studies (4th grade) from Engineering/equivalent technical discipline or fresh graduates of Bachelor/Masters degrees in Engineering
- Excellent communication skills: Proficient in English
- Active listener with good communication skills in English.
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proactive with high level of integrity.
- Strives to achieve Project goals and Customer satisfaction.
- A team player with the ability to communicate effectively with crosses functional teams.
- Displays willingness to work in harsh environments on as needed basis
- Willing to work as a Part-time intern.
- Basic knowledge of Lean deployment tools
- Decision-making/problem solving skills: Think abstractly about problems, creative and innovative solutions
- Self-management skills: Efficient work habits, self-starting and well developed ethics
- Team player, creating a culture of collaboration positive and encouraging attitude, share ideas, able to effectively interface to multiple audiences
- Can do attitude and Solution Oriented mindset
Relocation Assistance Provided: No