Product Manager - IT Technology for Banking - #98114
Manpower Middle East
Discipline Information Technology
Job Reference 30717
Role Purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
The Technical Product Manager role has responsibility for the delivery, on-going success and continuous improvement of Core banking products and/or platforms. This position involves regular interaction with senior stakeholders and therefore requires strong influencing skills, managerial awareness, leadership skills and technical credibility. In addition, should have the ability to empower and delegate tasks to junior members of staff.
- Act as the primary business facing arm to all Global Business and Functions focusing on all HUB Core Banking Product Management functions which include HUB Subject Matter Expertise (SME)/ HUB Product Management and HUB Product Governance.
- Oversee the product planning, roadmap development, feasibility assessments, and high level design of business systems or subsystems, technology projects and functions from a technical perspective.
- Responsible to clearly express the commercial value and impact of investments to the organisation, ensuring understanding of functional scope and benefits.
- Collaborate with business, technical architecture and other stakeholders to identify product / customer requirements, assess impacts to other data and systems, consider available technologies, compare costs and benefits and recommend solutions, collaborating closely with the engineering team in building out new features.
- Work with Group IT Product work streams and Architecture to align and adopt strategic platforms and products for regional deployments while adhering to the Group’s enterprise architecture, FIM and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee execution of project delivery in respect to the achievement of the defined product roadmap and approved investment commitments.
- Working with project teams and senior stakeholders, collaborates and influences senior management stakeholders and business partners for all key programme plans, commitments and changes.
- Act in accordance with Group standards for methodology, technical design and security. Review and ensure compliance of the processes / activities managed under responsibility with compliance requirements.
- Manage activities focused on the deployment of projects from requirements gathering, system design, quality assurance, cost control and implementation planning activities as well as post implementation activities.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Act as the primary business facing arm to all Global Businesses and Global Functions and be the face off and single point of contact for driving the HUB Core Banking agenda at a Global level.
- Ensure close working with delivery partners in planning, design and estimation, bringing together delivery and business partner teams; actively managing dependencies between these teams and other projects and programmes.
- Ensure all agreed cost, quality and delivery commitments to the Global stakeholders are met.
- Gather, validate and prioritise business requirements in line with Business strategy.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Define and own the business drivers for your WPB Cards and Transactional Banking Technology products, and define the business metrics that will track success.
- Underpin the delivery and iteration of WPB Cards and Transactional Banking Technology services through effective analysis of qualitative and quantitative user data.
- Keep continuously abreast of changes to user habits, preferences and behaviors across various platforms and their implications for successful delivery of WPB Cards and Transactional Banking Technology services.
- Maintain and improve product function, efficiency/reuse, security, user experience, operational support and cost footprint
- Ensure compliance with Group objectives, standards, policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, technical architecture, and business objectives. Keep unit personnel informed on matters affecting areas of responsibility.y
- Graduate or higher qualification preferably in an IT discipline
- Strong techno functional Product Management experience within Core Banking domain, Service monitoring, and dynamic/technical platforms in line with group future state of architecture.
- Strong people leadership, team work, gathering information and analysing, judgment and decision making skills
- Experience managing complex and large-scale projects that require significant coordination across business disciplines and IT
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences.
- Working knowledge of Group methodologies (preferred in Agile or Software Development Life Cycle)
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, strong understanding of modern API’s enablement, Cloud services, technical product development, and project management
- Good knowledge of IT policies and practices combined with IT hardware, software, operations and networks experience
- Excellent negotiation and diplomatic problem solving skills to resolve issues across functional areas and between the organization and external parties
- Ability to work in an unstructured and changing environment, competent at managing an ever-changing backlog and are able to pivot on strategy and priorities when business needs arise
- Working with requirements gathering and journey mapping, working directly with business stakeholders. Able to articulate how these requirements are elaborated and validated
- Owning, managing and organizing requirements catalogues and processes
- Customer focused, results based approach, able to deliver to deadlines
- Proven ability to rapidly build relationships with key stakeholders, selectively communicating technical ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and an understanding of how to work with global teams to be effective across video conferencing, email, messaging, time zones
- Ability to influence teams to think "outside" the box and look at solutions/approaches outside traditional comfort zones
- Able to broker agreement between IT and the business in a tactful and non-aggressive way
- Ability to question and reduce costs without impacting on quality of delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Energetic, positive attitude and team player, having a sense of urgency and enthusiasm in developing a best in class product.